Wednesday, July 15, 2015

drinks n eats

[some of my favorites]

Teekha Peru: vodka, guava juice, and tabasco sauce





recommended for my cold/ sinus infection:
brandy, hot water, & cinnamon












my 2 favorite avocado and toast recipes:

 whole wheat toast, 2 poached eggs, smashed avocado, bacon, & red pepper flakes
--
chopped, hard boiled egg whites, red onion, cayenne pepper, & smashed avocado mixed together like guacamole spread across two slices of whole wheat, toasted sourdough 










Mom's eggplant rollitini recipe:

-remove skin and slice eggplant into half inch stripes
-salt eggplant and let slices "sweat" out water for 15 minutes
(layer slices of eggplant between paper towels to absorb excess water)
-dip into eggs then in breadcrumb mix (Italian breadcrumbs, parmesan, & oregano)
-once olive oil and butter is warmed up, fry eggplant, both sides until crispy brown
-then layer ricotta cheese, prosciutto, and provolone or mozzarella cheese (not displayed in bottom left pic)   

-roll
-once cooking tray is filled, pour marinara sauce (preferably Cleveland's Little Italy sauce) all over, then top off with a layer of mozzarella cheese
-cook until cheese is bubbling/ turning light brown at 350 degrees (usually 20 minutes)


I felt like I was going to become this all-star juicer after buying a juice machine, but 1. it makes a big mess and 2. it was time consuming finding juice recipes I liked. So I found Evolution at Starbucks and I really have been enjoying it. I hope I find other brands I like before I get sick of the flavors "Super Green" and "Sweet Green" Feel free to recommend anything, I'm not shy to try anything new!!







No comments:

Post a Comment